Wednesday 16 April 2008

Have lemons...

....will make Limoncello.

Even though I have never tasted Limoncello before, I can imagine that it would be rather nice.

So here we go. Print out the limoncello recipe. Get your lemons and vodka. (I am only doing half the quantity. Just in case you are comparing the recipe with the amount of lemons and vodka in the picture.)Unfortunately, I only had thin-skinned lemons, so I couldn't peel them with the vegetable peeler. Never mind. I am determined.

Everything is in the jar, ready to infuse. Now we wait.
A big thank you to Mama Gnome's friend who supplied these wonderful lemons!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Veggie Gnome, This sounds like a very refined lady-like way to make Limoncello. The way the neighbour gnome makes it is, peel 10 lemons with a potato peeler place in large jar, cover with the alcohol, after about 10 days, (when the colour is right) strain, add sugar, and shake every day until disolved. Filter and bottle. No water.

Veggie Gnome said...

Ah, neighbour gnome! I should have known that you'd have a recipe for this, too! Your method seems to be a quick way to sipping pretty potent stuff. :)

Kate said...

I can vouch for the end product! Unfortunately I only made 1/2 the recipe too. Next time I will double it!

Veggie Gnome said...

Are you keeping yours in the freezer?