Tuesday 4 October 2011

French toast

I never understood, what was so special about French toast. For me, it was only some (stale) bread dunked in eggs, then fried in a pan.

But then a gardening friend stayed over a few years ago. And she made French toast for us. With TONS and I mean TONS of sliced fruit. Piled on top of the crispy fried bread. And a good drizzle of real Canadian maple syrup. My goodness, that was GOOD!
We didn't drizzle with maple syrup, but topped the big fruit pile with a dollop of cream.Needless to say, it was delicious! :)

5 comments:

Hazel said...

I reckon it has to be homemade bread, cut thickly so it is brown on the outside and spongy on the inside....yum!

Robyn Sinclair said...

I've been constantly thinking of French Toast for weeks. You haven't helped! :)

Veggie Gnome said...

Hazel - that's exactly right! :)

Robyn - just go and have some! With plenty of fruit. No guilt! :)

Umatji said...

arg, drool in keyboard. and that would be frozen berries from your garden still??

Veggie Gnome said...

Umatji - every reason to drool! I might even have to make another batch very soon. Oh yes, definitely frozen berries from our garden. :) We can splurge now, as the berry patch looks promising!