Tuesday 26 May 2009

Globe Artichokes

They are coming up again and looking good. These are the easiest things to grow, if you have enough room in the garden. They need a bit of space. They are drought resistant, frost resistant and fuss free.
I still haven't disposed of the old spent stalks that I cut off and laid on the ground.

This means I have tons of little ones coming up around the seed heads.
Anyone for globe artichoke seedlings? Or established plants? I have to thin out the existing clumps a bit further.

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

We've got a row of them growing down the back...glad to hear they are frost resistant, being in the mountains. I'm so enjoying your blog - you are fully into your garden and I love it!!

Veggie Gnome said...

Thanks, Jacqui!
They are quite stunning with their big, silvery leaves. Hope you get a good crop in Spring!
Had a peek at your blog and it looks lovely! :)