Friday 15 February 2013

Thank you, Mr. Fothergill's!

This parcel arrived out of the blue! And what a lovely selection of seeds it is. Grasses, vegetables and flowers. Some of them as a seed tape.
I had experimented with Mr. Fothergill's selection last Winter and Spring. There are quite a few pictures, too. (On the computer.) As you may have noticed, they and the write-up did not make it on to the blog. Life (and work) got in the way.
I absolutely loved the Tomato cup (just add water). The germination was fantastic, and the seedlings were extremely healthy. I did transplant them on to bigger pots, as the cup is too small to grow this little tomato plant in there for the whole season. The tomatoes are very tasty!

The seed tapes with the radishes rocked! Easy to put on the ground, cover and water. Lovely radishes they were, too!

The carrots were a winner, too. So far, the seeds I have received, have done well. Good germination, then healthy plants.

Thanks again to the good folks at Mr. Fothergill's! I'll try to write a bit more about their seeds and products throughout the season. :)

3 comments:

africanaussie said...

I have also been lucky enough to get onto their mailing list for free seeds. I look forward to seeing how your seeds do.

Veggie Gnome said...

It's great, isn't it? This time there are also seeds in the package that I'd never look at in the shop. So I'm looking forward to this challenge. It's great fun, and I appreciate the opportunity to 'play' with things I'd normally not go for. :)

Sue Garrett said...

We get Mr Fothergills seeds here to - many gardening magazines give them away free