Thursday 10 January 2008

Shopping in the garden

That's the kind of shopping I like best!

We needed some veggies to throw on the barbie, so off I went with my garden shopping basket.Guess what the red, round things are? Potatoes! Red Otways. I washed them, sliced them thickly and put them on a baking tray. Sprinkle with Citron olive oil, salt & pepper and chopped fresh rosemary. Bake in the oven at 200C until done and getting slightly crispy, approx. 20mins. I only used the biggest ones and we'll use the small ones to plant out again.

Then there were 2 Golden Zucchini and 1 Zucchini which is supposed to be a Golden one. But the colour is similar to the Lebanese Zucchini. I sliced those thickly and tossed them in olive oil, rosemary, finely chopped garlic, salt & pepper. Those we threw on the barbie. Together with thin slices of pumpkin (the last of our pumpkins) and some capsicum.

The little green chilli on top of the zucchini is a Hungarian Wax. Very mild.

No comments: